Healthcare Provider Classes
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
These classes are designed for people employed in the Healthcare field, examples are dentists/ hygienists, doctor’s offices, hospital staff, Chiropractors, etc. Continuing Education Units may be available, TBA.
Red Cross Content:
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
This Red Cross medical provider course is OSHA compliant. However, some hospital employers and certifying boards require AHA certification. Please check with your licensing board.
Alert: Online Only CPR classes offered on the internet are scams. Don’t waste your money! Licensing Boards are aware of these scams and will reject such cards. You need to have in-class
practice and checkoffs to be valid.