Healthcare Provider Classes
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
These classes are designed for people employed in the Healthcare field, examples are dentists/ hygienists, doctor’s offices, hospital staff, Chiropractors, etc. Continuing Education Units may be available, TBA.
American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American
Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
ASHI CPR for the Professional Rescuer (typically used for our Hawai’i classes)
Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (not typically requested, but available).
Each of these methods is OSHA compliant. Some employers and certifying boards require AHA certification.
Please check with your licensing board. Alert: Online Only CPR classes offered on the internet are scams. Don’t waste your money! Licensing Boards are aware of these scams and will reject such cards. You need to have in-class
practice and check offs to be valid.